[RE-wrenches] Radian design limitation - am I missing something?

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:35:26 PST 2012

Allan - I've installed a number of the DPW 15 module TPMs with Outback CC's
and inverters in exactly the configuration that Kirpal mentions and they
have worked well.  The 15 module TPM does require a deep hole so make sure
you don't have shallow bedrock.  Another option is to use the Xantrex
XW-MPPT80-600 (which has an input voltage range of 195-550V) with an XW
inverter.  I'm no huge fan of Xantrex but I've actually had good
experiences with the XW.  Finally, if I were you I would seriously consider
an AC coupled system which would likely increase your overall system
efficiency and decrease the amount of copper you have to run.  A pole
mounted SB 4000US coupled with a Sunny Island co-located with the battery
bank might work well.

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt
NABCEP Certified PV Installer™ (ID# 032407-66)****

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting****

(202) 486-7507****

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough