[RE-wrenches] PV String Over-voltage

Jeff Yago jryago at dtisolar.com
Tue Dec 11 19:36:24 PST 2012

I purchased one of these devices from AEE Solar about 2 years ago.  It may not be in their current catalog but I am sure they still have info on supplier.

It’s a temperature controlled switch in small outdoor enclosure that goes in line with one or more modules.  If temperature drops below low setpoint,

An internal switch takes that module(s) out of string.  I do not remember if temperature is adjustable, but most likely it is set for around 5 degree F.

Jeff Yago

DTI Solar Inc.