[RE-wrenches] DC, or not DC, Dat is Da question (Two Load Questions)

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Dec 11 13:13:58 PST 2012

I'd do the comparison against one of the much cheaper energy star rated
AC models.  In my comparisons,On  the slight edge in efficiency isn't
worth the extra cost of the DC units.  I've also had premature failures
of DC fridges due to low voltage.  Finally using the inverter's built in
low voltage disco keeps the batteries from getting ruined if the charge
system is down, but loads stay on.
I lived for years with a DC fridge, and my family has no desire to go back.

Ray Walters