[RE-wrenches] Two Load Questions

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Dec 10 20:17:06 PST 2012

Hi Allan;

I've used the energy star rated deep freezers with good results, and I
use their annual kwh listing, and divide by 365 days.  I've found with
actual measurements and not set to the coldest setting, that I can beat
the E star ratings by up to 20% indoors.  Your outdoor in winter
scenario will probably cut the run time down by 80%.  I've done that
same trick, and the customers loved it, but they moved it in in the
summer as it ran too much in the summer in 85 deg weather.

Ray Walters