[RE-wrenches] PV String Over-voltage

David Katz dkatz at aeesolar.com
Thu Nov 29 20:11:39 PST 2012

Larry,
This was an AEE product, but we no longer sell it.  It was made for us by Apollo Solar. You can check with them to see if any are still laying around.  They bypassed a module when the temperature dropped to 40 degrees F.
You could use SolarEdge inverters and Optimizers and have strings of up to 25 modules with no worry about overvoltage in cold weather.

David Katz
CTO & Founder
AEE Solar Inc
P: 707 825-1200