[RE-wrenches] Wattsun Tracker Foundations

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Oct 26 13:19:04 PDT 2012

Did you get soil tests done?  That seems really deep.   We have strong
clay soils in New Mexico and Colorado,  and I've always gone 4 ft in,
and 6 ft out. Never an issue, with wind gusts that have blown debris and
broken modules.   No footing trouble though.  I could see in a loose,
sandy soil going deeper and wider.
I've gotten much crazier on taller poles.  I have a 20 ft tall pole
install, with several cubic yards of reinforced footer under it.
The pole telescoped from 10" at the base to only 4" at the top. Talk to
a local sign company to see what they do.  It's sounding like you might
be headed a bit far in the over kill direction.

Ray