[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Charge control question

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:52:11 PDT 2012

I was wondering about battery charging using Tigos.  I have a few spare Tigos and modules for them lying around and was thinking of using them with a magnum to run my radon fan and chest freezer.

Since the Tigos have MPPT built in, would the use of a MPPTing charge controller be unnecessary?  If a person used a MPPTing CC what effects would that have on module performance?

Also I believe the Tigos need to communicate with the MMU unit to operate.

Sent from my iPhone