[RE-wrenches] Two NEC questions

Alex Cozine acdc.cozine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 09:28:05 PDT 2012

Rebecca,

First off, nice install on the four SiE pole mounts!

Second, as long as we are talking strictly grid-tied systems, not AC
coupled or battery backup, it seems like Solar should be viewed more like
an appliance.  It supplements the service at your house.   That being said,
you've got a tough battle ahead.  Hopefully someone else on the list has a
great way of calming this inspector down with some good old code lullibies.

Good luck!  Sometimes it feels like the Solar 'cops', I mean inspectors,
are trying to justify their jobs.

Alex Cozine
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Journeyman Electrician EL01