[RE-wrenches] Two NEC questions

Brian Mehalic brian at solarenergy.org
Sat Oct 13 09:25:51 PDT 2012

You can see what products UL has listed (though not other NRTLs) at:

www.ul.com

Near the bottom of the page on the right hand side click on:

Online Certifications Directory

Into the UL Category Code box enter:

QIDC (for inverters with integrated dc arc-fault)
or
QIDC2 (for dc arc-fault components)

And hit search.

Only SMA and Eaton presently.  I imagine that as more products become
available more press releases will follow as well.

You can also download a copy of the UL Whitebook to cross check other
standards with the NEC.

Brian Mehalic
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™ R031508-59
IREC ISPQ Certified Affiliated Instructor/PV US-0132

PV Curriculum Developer and Instructor
Solar Energy International
http://www.solarenergy.org