[RE-wrenches] Automatic Meter Reading WAS: Fronius State 104

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Tue Oct 9 06:06:37 PDT 2012

Hi Fellow Wrenches,

Thanks for the insight that AMR systems could interfere with not only
data monitoring (previous thread) but also with the inverter control
function, too.

I have attempted to gain some insight into the AMR system the local
utility uses (Cellnet) but talking to the utility people, they would
have you believe this is privileged if not secret info. When Ameren
first implemented the system (reportedly the largest AMR system in the
nation) they advertized that they would know within seven seconds that
you were without power. That number has been seriously revised upwards
in the interim.

Anyone have any info about using/accessing the AMR info for the customer
to view?

As always, TIA for the collective wisdom,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

-----
No virus found in this message.