[RE-wrenches] AC coupling and Outback inverters

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Fri Oct 5 05:09:33 PDT 2012

I am leaning towards the SunnyIsland. I assume it backs off the SunnyBoy via
RS485 communications and the factory 240 xformer is a plus. The Outback
setup might be a little less expensive, but as you say a bit of a kludge. I
guess I still need the charge controller for the new PV, as the SunnyIsland
doesn't regulate that.

Kirk Herander

VT Solar, LLC

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

NABCEPTM Certified installer Charter Member

NYSERDA-eligible Installer

VT RE Incentive Program Partner

802.863.1202