[RE-wrenches] Morningstar MPPT charge controller

Solarguy ntrei at 1scom.net
Mon Aug 6 19:42:22 PDT 2012

Larry

The Solar Boost 2512 has one big advantage in that the lighting timer
control is built in. Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT requires a separate relay
between the inverter & controller. However the Sunsaver has almost twice the
PV voltage input limit of the Solar boost. I'm relieved to hear the Sure
Sine inverters high temp performance is reliable.

And though no one asked, I found a battery box at
http://www.ddbunlimited.com/more/outdoor-rackmount.html#pad. They are pricey
but top of the line enclosures.

Jim Duncan

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc