[RE-wrenches] Shunt question

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Tue Jul 31 11:18:11 PDT 2012

Greetings, all~

Regarding Allan's shunt question: Definitely you will need the same "ratio"
for the meter logic to work right.

I have purchased from AEE Solar a 1000 amp shunt that drops 100 mv @ 1000
amps. This is the same "ratio" as a shunt that drops 50mv @ 500 amps. The
photo makes this appear to be just a block of metal with no insulating base
but I confirmed and found that it did arrive on a plastic base. I had to do
some major mods to fit this into the Schneider XW "power distribution
panel" because the overall height and other dimensions are different, but
it worked out.

I do not recall the part number for this but the AEEsolar website has a
pretty good search function. Allan, you may contact me off list as always
if I may assist further.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com