[RE-wrenches] Security / theft questions

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Jul 11 14:49:30 PDT 2012

Interesting point implied about the systems being non-functional after some
modules are stolen. That is a good argument for a microinverter based
system, or if off-grid, an AC coupled system with at least part of the
array with micros (preferably the ones most likely to be stolen.

Making a system modular is key where replacement parts are few and far
between. That's where arguments for more parallel strings of batteries come
into play. A single series string is often useless if one cell is lost.
Speaking of which, more parallel strings of modules in a battery based
system can be more resilient as well.

Food for thought...

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar