[RE-wrenches] L feet no flashing in shingle roof

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Wed Jul 4 10:24:14 PDT 2012

Presumably most solar contractors benefit from increased sales due to the availability of a 30% federal tax credit. Arguably, that's not the same thing as "receiving public funds," but the net effect is the same. My point is simply that as an industry we are dependent upon public support and a variety direct and indirect subsidies. That raises questions about accountability, about how those funds are being spent. The best thing that we can do as an industry is strive to adopt best practices that are beyond reproach, equivalent standards for other trades, and ideally defensible in a court of law in the event that things go south for whatever reason. (Forget the bureaucrats in the city, it's the lawyers who capitalize on construction negligence claims. The last one on the roof is the first one blamed. Often, we're the last ones on the roof.)