[RE-wrenches] Corrective EQ question

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:47:03 PDT 2012

It might matter if they are high capacity batteries, some run a stronger
electrolyte to get more out of the batteries, this results in a lower cycle
life. Ie: 350 cycle life v/s 400 cycles.  I have seen factory cells that are
fully charged at 1.315 - 1.325

To give them an EQ charge they have to finish the bulk and absorb before
they will go into an eq charge normally the control box may say eq but until
the conditions are met it will not actually happen. Then it can easily take
8 to 10 hours or longer to give them a full eq charge.

Typically they have to drive the voltage to the top of the eq range then
hold it there till the sg in the cells stop increasing.

You usually can't give it 3 hours charge 1 day then 3 the next day. I am
betting the voltage is not getting to the top of the eq range with such a
short charge time.

I doubt that 3 hours a day will not even get the battery to a full charge,
much less start an equalize charge with them that low to start with,
especially with loads on the battery at the same time.

Just my usual .02 worth,

Bob