[RE-wrenches] Troubleshooting Off-grid PV

Roy Rakobitsch roy at windsine.org
Sun May 27 16:38:35 PDT 2012

I second what David is saying. I have seen many failed KC120's as well and
they seem to fail most often at the top of the module where some
insulating tape has been used to isolate the cell interconnecting bus as
they pass over one another on their way to the j-box. There will be some
slight evidence of browning inside the lamination looking at the front top
of the module (usually but not always). Curious to see what you find.

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible Small Wind installer
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine Inc.
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org