[RE-wrenches] Number of Controllers

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:02:04 PDT 2012

William and other wrenches,

I have heard there may be an open-source solar (perhaps RE in general) data
transfer protocol coming, that will allow for different manufacturers
equipment to talk.  This could allow for many possibilities, including
expanding AC coupling opportunities, and transfer of data and settings.  I
don't really know any more details than "maybe, perhaps, possibly", but I
find the idea intriguing.  Anyone else "heard" anything?

Mac

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM, William Miller <william at millersolar.com>wrote:

>  Larry:
>
> Thank  you for the update on this intriguing product.  It would be helpful
> if the charger network could talk to a Mate or an SCP, but I doubt that
> will ever happen.
>
> Here's an idea:  A standard CAT5 protocol for exchanging data/settings in
> RE equipment.  Utopia or Chaos?
>
> William
>

> At 10:42 PM 5/23/2012, Larry Crutcher, wrote:
>
> Colin,
>
> The IPN Network charge controllers from Blue Sky Energy can be configured
> as Master & Slave so ALL controllers work together. With up to 8
> controllers on the network, you can have multiple arrays and orintations.
> Their new Duo model will function as hydro or wind diversion control. AND,
> each controller has a fully programmable lighting control! Sounds like this
> is the controller to meet all your requests. We have sold hundreds and I
> highly recommend them.
>
> Larry Crutcher
> Starlight Solar Power Systems
> (928) 342-9103