[RE-wrenches] Solar World 2.0 frames

Rich Nicol rich at solartechvt.com
Sat May 5 02:55:46 PDT 2012

Hi Dave/Wrenches

We've been using the SW with both the 2.5 and the 2.0 frames on most of our
systems lately. The 2.0 frames work fine in traditional roof mounts, as long
as the racking system chosen has good options for cable management.  We did
a DPW TPM with them last year where I came away in agreement with Todd, back
mounting is better - I didn't like the DPW top mount clips. The lack of the
flange on the pole mount was also difficult due to the inability to use
clips to manage the PV cables. The modules are well constructed, durable and
fairly square relative to others we've used. We are now using the 2.5 frame
almost exclusively, the flange is also nice for top mounting because it
feels more secure when handling the modules on roofs and scaffolding.
Another benefit is we've been able to source them locally (as you would be
able to as well of course) which has been really convenient. The black
framed, mono crystalline modules with the 2.0 frame we did on a recent
standing seam roof mount look great!

Thanks

Rich