[RE-wrenches] Solar product whole sellers with good reputation

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Tue Apr 24 18:26:41 PDT 2012

I was thinking that too, but I also think that perhaps if a periodical
conducted a survey of installers re the vendors and printed it, it would
provide good feedback for all, especially the vendors.(the vendors
probably want equal time, but they can make their own argument) I
realize that "stuffing the ballot box" is a valid concern. However, just
trying to get a $6k order delivered has taken a unbelievable amount of
time, and I still haven't received it. Is this endemic to the industry,
if so why?  Are margins that thin, and data systems that poor that this
is expected? When one reads the credentials of the management teams of
some of these companies, it sounds like they should be able to solve
these problems with a hand and foot tied behind their back.  Chris

On 4/24/2012 8:26 PM, toddcory at finestplanet.com wrote:

> michael probably doesn't like the direction of this thread, but i
> think this is great... kind of like the wrenches better business
> bureau, where we can learn from others, which will help us avoid
> companies with poor track records.
>
> todd
>
> On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:10pm, "William Miller"
> <william at millersolar.com> said:
>
> Friends:
>
> Solar Depot is trying to collect $14,000 from me and I have never
> ordered a thing from them. They have refused to acknowledge they have
> made a mistake.  They even tried to attach my bond.  I do not
> recommend anyone do business with them or DC Power Systems.
>
> Beware of the big wholesalers.
>
> William
>

> At 10:03 AM 4/24/2012, Chris Daum wrote:
>
>     I'm a big fan of Sunwize, but then my rep is really good; don't
>     know if everyone has a good rep.  Hitney is also good.
>

> Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options&  settings:

> List rules&  etiquette:

Christopher Warfel, P.E.
ENTECH Engineering, Inc.
Energy Utilization Experts
(401)466-8978

The information contained within this communication shall
be considered confidential and shall not be retransmitted
without knowledge of the sender. Please contact us if
this email reached you in error. Thank you.