[RE-wrenches] Trace Change out

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Tue Apr 17 08:37:35 PDT 2012

We just replaced a single SW 4048 where the inverter could not hold the EQ
charge for more than 5-8 minutes and would drop out to 54 volts and then
start back up to 62 volts again. The Gen checked out fine till it got
dropped by the inverter then the HZ went bonkers. The mobile mechanic c/o'd
the voltage regulator and went over the generator and no change in the
problem. I pulled the cover off the 4048 to check for loose terminals [per
Robert at One stop Custom shop] and too much surprise, all three
transformers were baked and 2 were charred [literally ash on top]. Looking
back the inverter had been used [abused] while the house was under
construction severely. In that these folks were second owners we did an
energy analysis and found that the potential for instantaneous and
continuous run loads was 1KW more the 4KW of the 4048 & we went for a dual
Outback VFX 3648 panel. The Peak potential load of several pumps starting
was also beyond the single SW4048 too.
Problem solved, happy battery bank and clients.

Thanks
Dana Orzel -  Great Solar Works, Inc -  E - dana at solarwork.com -  V
970.626.5253
F - 970.626.4140     C - 970.209.4076     web - www.solarwork.com
"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"