[RE-wrenches] Gen start

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Feb 27 12:09:40 PST 2012

Daryl:

I try to avoid starting a generator in the early morning hours if
possible.  It is wasteful to have a generator start at 6:00 am, for
example, and run until 10:00 AM, charging the batteries on a sunny day when
if left alone, they would charge from the solar.  This is one of the
benefits to be derived from an integrated AGS.  I set the "quiet time" to
end at noon.  That way, if the battery level is low but not so low as to be
at the LBCO, the generator start is forestalled.

I still think you are treating a symptom and not the actual cause of the
problem.  There are hundreds, if not thousands of Outback AGS systems out
there that seem very reliable...

William Miller