[RE-wrenches] NABCEP Sales

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 11:43:27 PST 2012

Hi folks

Well, it could be applicable, as I see the trends shifting on how the business is done, as you've pointed out below. Understanding and creating a strategy on adapting to the changing market trends, as we know requires some time, effort, research and help.

Getting prepared is the next step. Develop the systems/processes if you believe you need to close on 1 visit. Its a big commitment and ponder whether even in a lease, $0 down, if folks sign 20 page documents and don't read the fine print and get, like a doctor, a second opinion, regardless of how sweet the deal is.

You and any small shop can offer great service and very personal attention to customer care. Its not when things are going well, do people remember- its what you did when it didn't that is seared into their cerebrums.

Wrenches here are uniquely ready to show off their knowledge, experience, expertise and craftsmanship. Your brands have been around for a long time and market your longevity accordingly.

Don't give up on financing- know you can tap into the credit union entities- they're clamoring to write loans. Went to our local building trade show yesterday- evidenced by a handful of credit unions eager to have you go green and the terms are very affordable for consumers and they have multiple ways of doing it, not just a refi or home equity, which can be time consuming to write and process. There are great personal loans now that are 60 months, 4.5%; minimum $5k loan; they'll also do up to 180 months @ 8%. Plenty of time to recoup the incentives and have a payment that is lower than what they're paying now (at lease out here its applicable).

In alot of ways, it seems that solar is now affordable to many folks and the technology- on the grid tie stuff is less complicated than the first days of being able to interconnect to the utility, so I'm optimistic for whats possible.

Aloha, Keith