[RE-wrenches] Trace Power Module Upgrade?

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun Jan 22 18:30:13 PST 2012

Ray:

The Flexware series does not have the SW knock-out.  The hard part then is
jig-sawing a hole in the sides of the Flexware cabinets.    I saved some
old SW plates from the Outback green series.  I can scan and e-mail you an
image of one for a template to cut on.

If the SW inverter packs in, you can slap on a sheet metal patch and go
with an FX inverter or two.

Sure the enclosure is factory, but the layout is pretty poor, as you
described.  You and your knuckles will be hating life if you have to work
inside of power module.  Maybe now is the time for a fresh start?  I really
like the look and functionality of a Flexware 1000 BOS system.

William