[RE-wrenches] Trace Power Module Upgrade?

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sun Jan 22 16:52:05 PST 2012

Hi William;

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I've done quite a few of those Outback
(1000s?), but I have a few issues:
1) Does Outback still have the SW knock out on the side of their Flex
enclosures?
2) His existing enclosure is actually supposed to be good stuff from
Trace; its not some homemade trip on the wall.
3) That inverter is no longer made, no longer supported, and might pass
on to the inverter underworld anytime in the next few years, so I'm
hesitant to design a whole new system around it.

I'm tending towards reusing the Trace equipment just for the main
battery cables and inverter disco, and remotely mount everything else in
a Midnite Mini DC box, or similar for the charge controller, etc.
What thinkest thou?

Ray