[RE-wrenches] Request for Gennie Recommendation

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Mon Jan 16 06:57:25 PST 2012

If the water cooled models are similar to the <=20kW air cooled models,
the ATS is not integrated, but there is a controller that does not allow
a two wire generator start circuit out of the box. However, there is a
Generac rep named Bob Cramer that supplied my with a wire kit and
instructions to bypass the controller and make a two-wire start relay
work. If you need to contact him, send me a private email and I'll
provide his contact information.

I would not recommend the air cooled models, especially in warmer
climates. They are remarkably affordable, however, and should work fine
in occasional standby service.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar