[RE-wrenches] Request for Gennie Recommendation

Comet Systems cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:20:37 PST 2012

The Generac QT and commercial units do not come with an ATS, you can buy
just the bare machine or have a complete solution designed for your load.

The Generac residential machines are good machines, as long as you
understand the intended use. We install lots of them. They are only
designed to be used occasionally, for residential backup. We get customers
who want to run their business all day on a 10KW residential generator and
are disappointed that the generator won't last ten years. They are a cheap,
lightweight and cost effective solution for people who get occasional
outages.

If your customer has worn out two generators already, then (s)he needs to
pay for a commercial level product. A 22KW QT is not that expensive and
will last ten years at a substantial load factor. If you give me more
information on the location, load factor and loading, I can have
engineering recommend a solution for you.

--
Chris Mason
President, Comet Systems Ltd
masonc at cometsystems.co