[RE-wrenches] XW. Ags

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Dec 26 20:26:34 PST 2012

Jay:

You may THINK you have all the settings right but the SCP is not
intuitive.  I have a nagging feeling that I have gone through this and
found some disassociated menu with a setting that needed to be changed.  I
will peruse the manual and see if I find anything.

I use to think the output was open collector (wet) but I was told it was a
dry reed relay, so polarity should not be an issue.  I would ohm the
disconnected leads to ground in the diode mode, using both lead polarities
to verify.  Although if you have manual start you have already bypassed
this possibility.

Can you try setting the start voltage a volt above whatever your battery
voltage is at the moment for testing.

Setup if more trouble than it should be.  I use Gen. Type 2 for two wire
starting.

Good luck.

William

PS:  Have you checked the menus: AGS/CFG Trigger/Start DCV 30 sec through
DCV 24 hour?  They come disabled and the auto start will not work unless
one or more are enabled.  This is unlike the SW which came with the
triggers enabled by default.  This may be what I was thinking of.

WM