[RE-wrenches] RFI Interference with Ham radios

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Dec 26 09:23:54 PST 2012

I haven't seen Enphase units interfering with any radio equipment and we do
have several clients with really specialized radio gear. However, I've seen
all sorts of relatively unexplainable electrical interference affecting the
communications with the Envoy box. This may either be between the
microinverters on the roof and the Envoy or between powerline network
adaptors between the Envoy and the router. William Miller was referring
going through a tough case of this a while ago.

With about 500 monitored systems out there it is becoming very apparent
that monitoring is becoming the biggest chunk of our post-installation
service burden. Monitoring is a great thing but reliability is a big issue.

Good luck out there! -August