[RE-wrenches] Best elevated ground mount

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Dec 19 13:20:41 PST 2012

James:

We have put up a few of the MPM mounts and we too spent a lot of time
assembling.  This was due to unfamiliarity and will not be an issue in the
future, making this rack a viable option for us.

The foundations required were substantial and expensive.  I am hoping that
a system will be developed that can use driven pipe.  Pipe driving
equipment is becoming more available and concrete is getting more expensive.

What took too much time was providing wire shielding.  Our customers did
not elect to fence the arrays to comply with 690.31(A) so we built custom
wire guards from expanded aluminum.  Ask if you want a photo or two.

I am really hoping some manufacturer will develop wire
shielding.  According to the inspectors, locals are using chicken wire or
hardware cloth which I doubt is reliable or bonded.

William Miller