[RE-wrenches] Small PV system/experiment for kids

Stephen Kane kanestephenj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:39:53 PST 2012

Jason,

Similar to Karl's suggestion, we have built a few education systems with a
small PV module direct to a 12 VDC bilge/sump pump like the Rule models
(with some fusing and disconnecting means of course).
Showing movement of water when the module is in clear sun vs partially or
completely shading the module seems like an effective way to demonstrate to
kids how solar works with a direct load.
The whole setup is pretty simple and affordable.

Stephen Kane
Kane Solar
Lyons, CO