[RE-wrenches] off-grid permitting problem

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Dec 11 22:00:16 PST 2012

Jeff:

There is a code passage that specifically states that one does not need to
provide full rated ampacity to a service.  I am sure you can find it.

Find a way to prove, mathematically, that the system planned will provide
adequate power.  Create or find a spreadsheet listing all appliances and
wattages and system watt hours provided.  Dress it up, put your logo on it
and sell it to the building department.

William Miller