[RE-wrenches] Fix the Fluorescents: What about LED tubes for late 2012?

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Thu Dec 6 04:13:14 PST 2012

   I recently built a new home for myself, earth bermed and of course,
solar powered (and soon to be solar heated). Every light source in the
home is LED. I did a lot of homework, testing bulbs and different
fixtures, and am very happy with all of what I decided on. Kitschler
makes excellent, stainless steel under cabinet lighting that spreads
the light well and with a warmer color than just stark white. Most of
the bulb packages these days provide information on the angle of
distribution of the light produced.
    I did try several tube type LED's but was unsatisfied with the quality
of light and how that light was distributed. FYI,
Environmentallights.com sells a great little solar powered Christmas
light set, complete with solar panel and Li battery. Great for off
grid folks or those remote locations people might want to decorate.
    I am a bigfan of LED lighting. It continues to get better.

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design