[RE-wrenches] 3 Phase With 2 Inverters?

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:33:37 PST 2012

I really don't understand what your problem with this arrangement is.
How would this be different from a house on phase A-B installing an
inverter and the next house on Phase B-C installing an inverter? Or,
installing two single phase 240V A/C units in a three phase building?
Electricians have no issue with installing single phase equipment in three
phase buildings so why should small inverters be any more a problem.
While it is always neat to install three inverters n a three phase
configuration, 4,500 watts of imbalance is trivial.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM, <holtek at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
> We were asked to inspect a  GT system installed by others. Service is 208
> 3ph with two (?) Fronius IG 4500 208v inverters. The inverter panel is 3ph
> with two 2pole breakers - one each side of the buss bar in a A/B, B/C
> configuration (??). Called Fronius and they said it would work, but they
> "don't recommend it". No other information was given as to why they don't.
> My electrician is very uncomfortable with doing work on this system as is
> (ME TOO!), so I am wondering if I might be able get some ammo to convince
> system owner to add a third inverter to get the system right. What problems
> might/will be encountered in this system if not modified? BTW - inverter
> LCD screens were crapped out, so we couldn't readily see if system was
> functioning properly....from metering, we think not.
>

> Holt E. Kelly
> Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
> 500 Jewell Dr.
> Waco TX. 76712