[RE-wrenches] Strong PV Mfgs

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Wed Nov 21 13:19:51 PST 2012

Losing money like pretty much everyone else.

This topic brings up an important question/issue: which modcos, if any, are
putting money into some kind of escrow account that can't be touched in
order to cover possible warranty claims years from now?

marco

Hello Wrenches,

How strong a company is Solar World?  I've been hearing that their balance
sheet might not be the best.  If they go under, do we loose the warranty?

Is there a strong American made module?  What module from anywhere can be
trusted to be around for the 25 year warranty period?

Thanks in advance,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC