[RE-wrenches] Steel roof attachments

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Mon Oct 22 12:13:32 PDT 2012

In the past, I've used 1/4" SS pop rivets. Two per foot which means you have to drill new holes to either side of the existing hole in the foot. They have a shear strength of about 2500 lbs per rivet.   If this is a parallel to the roof mount, they should work fine. I use Direct Power racks, so I don't know if they are thicker or stronger than the others, but I'm sure they are as good or better. I believe our purlins were 0.62" thick. Certainly some kind of gooey is needed for a seal between the foot and the roof. Lots of different flavors or those, most of them good.
Good Luck, Bob-O