[RE-wrenches] Marine battery bank switch

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:20:38 PDT 2012

Eric;

If you set the switch to "1+2" (sometimes labeled "both") then you are
paralleling the banks. Set at "1" or "2" it's is not, unless there is
another sneaky + current path that you missed. Be sure *everything*
positive goes to the main + buss bar, which is then switched between the
banks by the big red switch.

Also, you might check behind the switch -- there's not much room back
there, and it's easy for the + lugs to move and possibly touch while you
are torquing the lugs.

--
Dan Fink,
Executive Director;