[RE-wrenches] 12V loads

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Aug 10 14:12:52 PDT 2012

The problem with many of the suggestions, is that these Micro 12 v systems generally have budgets under $1000 parts.  20% of the budget allocated to breakers and discos isn't reasonable, same with a Trimetric.
The ATC fuses are used for literally billions of 12 v circuits that all of you use every day.  (in your cars)
If the budget has that much in it for fusing, then I'd be pushing for an inverter, as the customer will be much more satisfied with the appliances available and the over all versatility of the system.
These days, economics is the only real advantage of DC only systems.  Most of my DC only systems ended up adding at least a cheap inverter later, might as well do it right the first time.

Ray Walters