[RE-wrenches] American modcos

Solarguy ntrei at 1scom.net
Mon Jul 23 12:01:16 PDT 2012

1Soltech, like many PV mfgrs use mono-crystalline cells made somewhere else.
They formerly used, among others, Qcells wafers but have moved away from
those presumably because of potential availability problems due to Qcells
financial issues. The last pallet load I picked up at their facility about 2
weeks ago, I was told, contained Sanyo cells.

1Soltech also assembles and rebrands modules for other companies. Those
company will spec whatever grade of components meet their standards which
are not necessarily the same as 1Soltech.

And like Dan I have observed their hand-assembling process being completely
in house, with the exception of the cell production. And hand-built, in my
opinion, is superior to fully automated robotics; the robots only account
for faster production and not necessarily higher quality products.

Jim Duncan

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

 <http://www.ntrei.com/> www.ntrei.com

NABCEP PV 031310-57