[RE-wrenches] American modcos

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Mon Jul 23 04:49:03 PDT 2012

We have our first order in for Helios 250 watt modules. I have been
reticent to sell Chinese modules while my surrounding competition is
selling them regularly. I am not against the principle of a world market,
but I do not like the lack of environmental regulation in many countries.
It does seem that Helios are truly made in America. We sized a very large
off grid system with 1SolTech modules as well, but the customer did not go
aheadwith the installation. I dealt directly with them in Texas, but never
got confirmation that they are made completely in America. Thatdoesn't
mean they aren't, just that I didn't ask for confirmation....my bad.... I
am currently designing a 500 kw system using Helios modules. Our first
(previously mentioned) installation using them will be in late
August-early Sept. and will comment more then.

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design