[RE-wrenches] Magnum Energy Remote Control

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:01:48 PDT 2012

That's great news on the webinar, I'll sign up. I've never had any issues
with selecting amongst the Magnum remote varieties, though sometimes it
takes a second read of their literature.

I usually keep a Magnum remote in my tool box;. Some customers just DO NOT
want to pay for the remote, just like they don't want to pay for a
tri-metric. Sheesh. But other customers  just offer to buy the magnum
remote outright during my service call. It's SUPER easy to use. Even
complete electrical novice homeowners can mostly navigate all the menus,
and tell me readings from the remote over the phone. When you hook in the
Magnum  battery monitoring system, generator control etc. it all just adds
seamlessly to the menu options on the remote. Very impressive and intuitive
interface, and everyone loves the big black dial wheel.

And, with Magnum it's very difficult for homeowners to press a wrong button
and badly reprogram something that's essential. If you press and hold down
the wheel, you are changing a setting. If'n you don't press down the wheel,
you are just browsing. Outback's idea of the universal hub and Mate is
great, but just making the Mate show basic system info to the customer can
be a struggle, and god forbid if they actually press a few wrong buttons.
Mate/hub system is expensive, too.

--
Dan Fink,
Executive Director;