[RE-wrenches] Kyocera KC 120-1R = 102 Watt

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Tue Jul 3 17:47:12 PDT 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Marv Dargatz wrote:

> OK, got it.
>
> The reason I asked, is some people in the past have used Isc and Voc to attempt a power calculation.  Obviously very erroneous results with this.
>
> I agree that the labeling, as you’ve described it, is a bit misleading.  Perhaps they just had a dyslexic person running the labeling machine.  To some, 120 and 102 might look the same.

They don't actually state 102 watts on the label. Only Vmp of 16.8 and Imp of 6.08.  The install doc within did state the the STC watts are 102. along with specs on the other sizes in KC line.

> Have you tested the modules for actual power output?

Not yet. The customer, a solar installer trainee who is trying to spare his Mom full time 2000 watt generator use, has wired them up (with other Sharp 123s he replaced on his array) but he has nothing more to measure output with than a Trimetric.

I will test them when returning for final and will include the Daystar insol. meter at array slope as well as mod temp reading and DC clamp meter.

I reckon it will be corrected for around 102 watts per the install doc.

Thanks for asking.
Wallace Stahle
Future Electric Energy Co
P O Box 236