[RE-wrenches] L feet no flashing in shingle roof

Garrison Riegel garrison at solarserviceinc.com
Tue Jul 3 14:11:21 PDT 2012

The EcoFasten GF1 flashing is easy to install on a retrofit and will not
necessarily add any height to the rail.  If you do need to trim the
flashings installed around the skylight, then I would recommend adding
sealant to these penetrations.  We ditch the included lag and use a 5/16"
GRK RSS (self tapping structural screw).  The combination works great and
does not require a pilot hole.

RSS:

http://www.grkfasteners.com/en/RSS_1_2_information.htm

GF1

http://ecofastensolar.com/pdf/GF1%20Cutsheets.pdf

Best,

Garrison Riegel

Project Manager

Solar Service Inc

[p] 847-677-0950

[f] 847-647-9360

www.solarserviceinc.com <http://www.solarserviceinc.com/>

NABCEP Certified Solar PV and Thermal InstallerT

"There is no room for flashings. The L feet will go very close to the
skylights and the flashing would hit the edge of them. Plus there is an
existing array that was done by another installer that is done with L feet
only. The new array would be higher."

  _____