[RE-wrenches] L feet no flashing in shingle roof

Bill Hoffer sunengser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:46:21 PDT 2012

Chris

Bronze Star Construction Lags are what I use.  I usually use the 5/16" and
1/4" with the most thread I can into the truss without popping out the
other side.  I have dropped to #7 with more penetrations if the truss
warranted it.

http://www.screw-products.com/star-drive-construction-lag-screws.htm

Here is their strength tests for 5/16", very comparable to lags.  I tend to
be pretty conservative and use a 2x - 2.5x strength tests safety factor
with almost all my fasteners, especially blind attachment to trusses.  Full
test results are available.

http://www.screw-products.com/specs.htm

I have had luck with Cannon gasket for butyl or EDPM washers, use .75 dia
outer with dia of fastener inner about .25" thick. About $.15 each for
1000, about half that for 2500.  Can order direct online.  Buytl to me
works better since it flows well when tightened.

http://www.cannongasket.com/

I believe there are several manufacturers making these types of screws now,
so there may be other sources.

Hope that helps!

Bill