[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

Jeff Wongstrom jeff.wongstrom at thirstylakesolar.com
Sun Jul 1 14:54:52 PDT 2012

I have had bad luck with Trojan batteries that were installed 3-5 years ago having had several premature L16 failures.  Some of the batteries had one cell fail within 1-2 years.  Most of the batteries were well cared for and most were the HC model.  Prior to the HC model I had good luck with Trojan batteries sometimes seeing 10-12 year life spans.  Maybe the RE-B are a better battery than the HC  but I am eager to try a different manufacturer.

I have had good luck with Solar One batteries but they are a hard sell.

Jeff

Jeff Wongstrom
NABCEP Certified
406.291.3416