[RE-wrenches] Magnum Energy Remote Control

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Thu Jun 28 07:38:21 PDT 2012

Jeff,

I don't know if this is true for all of the Magnum inverters, but I
suspect it is:

 From the MS-PAE manual: "The settings once programmed are saved in the
*remote's* nonvolatile memory and are preserved until changed - even if
DC power to the inverter is lost (as long as the ME-RC remote is
connected)." So, if the default settings aren't adequate, your
customer's will need a remote. They need it to equalize the batteries
anyway. And since every battery system should have a battery monitor,
there may as well be a remote for the purpose of using the Magnum BMK.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882