[RE-wrenches] Kyocera KC 120-1R = 102 Watt

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Wed Jun 27 14:00:09 PDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 2:59 PM, SunHarvest wrote:

> The KC120's turned out to be faulty. Kyocera replaced all 12 of the bad KC120's with refurbished KC120's and requested an invoice for my labor to complete the exchange. I tested the new and old modules side by side and both registered the same voltage and amperage. It's only under load when the power failure is apparent. This is why I initially ruled out the modules as being the problem. Thanks for all your help wrenchers!
>
> Eric Stikes
> Owner

Eric, You might want to look at the module label and confirm output.

Just this Monday I opened an unused,  3 year old  box of two of those replacement Kyocera 120-1Rs  and while doing a x v discovered it was only 102 watts.

I arranged the replacement of 10 these 3 years ago and don't think I actually looked then,  What more need ye know than KC120 right?  But suspect I had the wool pulled over my eyes by Kyocera. A net loss of replacement watts.

Even though Kyocera will replace them with pleasure, it seems strange  for them to allow a whole class of customers to absorb the cost of faulty modules with prematurely failed batteries and/or excess generator use, so that Kyocera can absorb the cost slowly over years while thousands of customers pay the consequence$ until the swap happens.
Why not a recall?   $$$ of course.

Then the pleasantly supplied replacements come in 15% smaller.

Ouch

Anyone else out there with 120-1R Kyocera modules that label  6.08 I-pk and 16.8V-pk. Kyocera needs to "amp up" the replacements in my view.
-
Wallace Stahle
Future Electric Energy Co
P O Box 236