[RE-wrenches] Off-Grid to Grid-Connected -essential loads

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun May 6 11:02:41 PDT 2012

Colleagues:

I might caution against using the HBX mode for two reasons:

1. The batteries will "wear out" in proportion to the number of cycles.  If
you don't need to cycle then I recommend you don't.

2. HBX can be a very inefficient mode.  If you HBX cycle frequently then
you are double-converting your power:  Converting AC to DC to charge
batteries and then converting DC to AC to power loads.

William Miller