[RE-wrenches] Silicon Energy install steps?

Bob Clark bclark at solar-wind.us
Fri May 4 07:40:26 PDT 2012

Jesse:

We installed the "trays" (the side channels that the panel lugs slip into
and in which the cables are routed) on mounting rails that were attached to
the roof.  We have heard from several other installers that doing it this
way does two things; 1) greater clearance between modules and the roof for
better air circulation, and, the primary advantage, 2) easier to get the
array square.  After loosely attaching the trays to the rails, we measured
the diagonals from the corners and made sure they were the same.  After
that, we inserted the modules column by column and tightened the trays down
as we went along.

Bob Clark
SolarWind Energy Systems, LLC
P.O. Box 1234