[RE-wrenches] broken glass

Solar Energy Solutions solarenergysolutions at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 15:10:22 PDT 2012

Dear Broken Glass Guys,

While I admire your bravery, I don't see how you could fix that panel and put any kind of a warranty on it.  I have replaced about 6 pieces of glass on thermal panels and even that is such a pain in the butt I now recommend panel switchouts.  And thermal panels do not require nearly the functional perfection PVs do.  That said, this brings up a great point that PV manufactures and perhaps the industry needs to address.  Though not a commonality, PV panel breakage is inevitable.  I think the question best be turned over to the manufactures.  I can't see the answer coming from anywhere else.

Tip of the Hat,

Andrew Koyaanisqatsi
President
Solar Energy Solutions, Inc.
Since 1987,
Moving Portland and Beyond
to an Environmentally Sustainable Future.
503-238-4502
www.solarenergyoregon.com

"Better one's House too little one day
than too big all the Year after."